Tuesday, November 2, 2010

flexibility...

Yesterday, early morning, I received a phone call that Calla's teacher was sick. Could I help out in the classroom? I would love to! My mother-in-law graciously watched the other two girls so that I could practice being the teacher. I miss the classroom every once in a while. I was able to assist the aide for the late morning and afternoon. I have intentionally blocked out all of the memories of the preparation involved in keeping a classroom running smoothly. Miss Brill has mastered the art of preparation. She puts me to shame. Everything was already written on the board, papers were pulled and in the proper folders, desks were straightened and set for Monday morning. It made a substitute's job easy-peasy-lemon squeezie! I enjoyed spending time in the classroom...for one day at least!

No comments: