Friday, October 29, 2010

His protection...

Tonight I had one of the scariest moments as a mother I could have ever imagined. For a moment my whole world stopped. Nora was gone. In a store. For several minutes. I had naively assumed she was right behind me as I sat with my back to the doorway. "Calla, where is Nora?" No one had seen her exit the room. As panic set in, my heart shut down. The room was spinning and I was praying.

Lord, protect my little one.

Please keep her safe.

Let her be around the next rack of clothes.

Those 90 seconds will forever be burned into my memory. Her little laughter as she realized we were looking for her. Calling her. How thankful I am that she responded to our calls. There are so many lessons I learned from those 5 minutes this evening. So many. But after the emotional storm raged and settled, I rested on thankfulness to a God who loves my little one more than I do. A God who protects His sheep. I am truly thankful...

No comments: