Tuesday, October 26, 2010




A year has come and gone. It is always enlightening to gauge a full year when you celebrate another child's birthday. I enjoyed the hooplah. I enjoyed the guests, thoroughly. And now, on the eve of the true birth-day, I contemplate what I have done with the last year. Nora is on the verge of walking when last year I had not even held her in my arms. Calla and Amelia are learning by leaps and bounds. Bible verses. Spelling lists. Everyday life lessons. A year! God has blessed in so many ways. I have failed in so many more. A full year of our lives is over. But as I look backward and think of all the things that have come and gone, I only look for a moment. For tomorrow, I have a new year to begin. What will it hold? It will undoubtedly speed by even faster than the years before it. So am I going to use it wisely? Starting tomorrow. Yes...

No comments: