Wednesday, October 13, 2010

a pain...

So, I have a pain. In my side. A real one, not the beginning of a pun or funny joke-joke. It's hung around for over a day now, so I called in dial-a nurse for advice. All she did was give me an anxiety attack. "My advice to you is to hang up with me and dial 9-1-1 and head to the emergency room. Ma'am, is this what you plan to do?" Umm. No. I'll wait for my husband and then head to the urgent care building down the street.
Bloodwork. A thorough question and answer session. Nothing deeming an emergency appendectomy or anything else super scary. So I get to take some strong pain meds and rest until my family doc can see me tomorrow. Maybe the pain will go away. Maybe I'm just being a wimp. Maybe I'll just take advantage of some seriously peaceful sleep that I feel coming on...

1 comment:

tacky said...

Been thinking about you and praying for you...is your pain better or worse?