Sunday, November 7, 2010

a date with the love of my life...

A girlfriend and I swapped babysitting. We both had a desire to spend some alone time with our hubby. So it was set. Free babysitting. Free dinner through a loyalty program card. An impromptu concert we heard about on the radio. It was wonderful. We were amazed at how quiet a dinner can be without little ones interrupting to go potty or asking a bazillion questions or spilling sodas or generally being children. We love our kids. We love being with our kids. But we love our relationship with each other enough to take some time away. It doesn't happen nearly as often as we'd like it to, but it sure does seem sweet when we do get away. Even just 12 miles away. It is still precious time to sit with my love. Talk without interruption. Hold his hand and listen to music in a beautiful theater. It was nice to be able to remind myself that I am so madly in love...

No comments: