Friday, November 19, 2010

ouch, that's smarts...

Nora Kate is climbing the stairs now with reckless abandon. I still follow her up, because she has yet to master the trip back down the stairs.

I have always boasted that my girls have never fallen down the stairs. Now, they have had their share of bruised shins from tripping UP the stairs! So I am hoping my baby girl can master the stairs just as well as the other two did.

Their momma, on the other hand, still has some practicing to do. Yesterday, after waking the slumbering cubs, I went to go get breakfast assembled. My sleepy, sock-clad foot slipped out from under me. I didn't fall down the stairs. I flew up and landed straight on the step. I yelped and moaned for a few minutes. Boy, did that make the kiddos leap out of bed! I got dizzy and threw up. I called in the reinforcements to take Calla to school. The rest of the day, I gingerly walked around or sat on a heating pad. No food. A nasty headache. Lots of pain meds. I am feeling better today. Bending over seems to be the most precarious.

So maybe I'll have Cory be the the one to teach Nora how to master her descent on the stairs...

2 comments:

tacky said...

Oh dear! I hadn't even read this when I posted to facebook that you would not want to trip at Target while waltzing down the aisles. I now find that extremely funny...and for that I am sorry! Love ya and hope your...well, I hope you are not as sore now!

Unknown said...

hehehee can't help but giggle as I get the mental image.. wish I was there to bandage your boo boo :)