Tuesday, November 2, 2010

wishing...

I am learning in the recent months to be thankful for the little things. My grandmother use to say, "Don't wish your life away." Enjoy what is happening now instead of wishing time would speed up to that one event you are waiting for. I have always been one to look forward to something special and hone in on that single event until it happened. I am realizing the error of that mindset. How much do I miss in the daily happenings when I am waiting for something else? How often do I put things off because I they aren't as important as that one thing I'm waiting for.

Time is flying by me. November already! I would love to revel in this month. Each day. This holiday season will be busy enough. I want to be sure to hit the slow motion button daily to enjoy God's blessings. Every day moments become life's most precious memories...

No comments: