Monday, November 17, 2008

Another first...


Thursday was our Parent/Teacher meetings with Calla's teacher. It was a first on this side of the desk. Parent/Teachers were always nerve-wracking for me as a teacher. The anticipation of what confrontations just might happen. It was too much. However, I relived those same butterflies when preparing to sit down as a parent. What was she going to say? All good things...I pray. Does Calla talk too much and disrupt the class? Does she have a sassy attitude? I know she is doing well academically. But more important to us as parents is how she is responding to a new authority in her life while we're not around.
No worrying necessary. She is doing well. Our meeting lasted all of 10 minutes. She is completely acclimated to the classroom and the work. She is obedient. (I insert a silent "woohoo" here!) She is just starting now to get too comfortable and chatting a little more in between lessons.
And then there's the chasing boys at recess thing. But that one is still boggling me...

No comments: