Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Silent reminders...

On the ride home from dropping Calla off at school, I told Amelia I loved her. She responded, "I love you, too, Momma. I'n not be naughty for you today, K?" I teared up. I know she means to be good, but her curiosity almost always wins out.
My own conscience was also pricked. Her response - I will obey because I love you - reminded me of how often I do not obey the Lord even though I say I love Him. Shouldn't my love for Him drive me to a desire for obedience? And I too often fail. Because my flesh wins out all too frequently. Too tired. Too frustrated. Too emotional. But just like me and my little two-year-old blessing, God is willing to forgive me and love me just the same.
So will I fail today? Yup. Will Amelia act naughty? Yup. But we are both thankful for love. And paper towels.

1 comment:

Cottage Chick said...

Thank you (and Amelia) for that encouraging challenge... =)
I hope you have a wonderful day!!!