Monday, November 17, 2008

Precious memories...

Today my dad has been gone from this earth for 5 years. It seems like yesterday, and yet it feels like forever. I miss him every day. I miss having him during "grandparent moments." Birthday parties lack his jokes being murmured quietly in the corner. My pictures lack his glowing smile. My heart longs for his company. I miss him. But I am thankful that he is in my memories. I have him on videos. On portraits. Every time I have a special remembrance of him. A location. Or situation. Or line. Something that brings him back to full life. Sometimes I see him in me. Sometimes I see him in my kids. And I am thankful. I still have him in my heart.

1 comment:

M Lee said...

I love you Leesh! I can sympathize. My dad died 11 years ago this Saturday. This time of year is always so so so hard. I'm right there with you. Just think...our dad's are probably up there together crackin' jokes about us!!
Keep smiling, that's what they'd want! :)