Monday, November 17, 2008

Sometimes...

I wonder how it is that I keep my sanity.
So that I don't allow some of you to believe that maybe Amelia's antics are letting up in recent days, I will relay to you some of the things that happened in the last few days.
Saturday was a water adventure to say the least. Amelia found new delight in the water fountain and was soaked down one side of her body from the top of her head to her knee. Later, she had a bathroom mishap while I was in a meeting at church. I went home and got her change of clothes. No biggie. Accidents happen. About 7:30, I was in search of her because she had been unaccounted for during the last few minutes. She was found in the ladies restroom with her cousin. They had emptied the entire bottle of soap - onto each other and the floor. Then proceeded to attempt to rinse it off. Could I get that mop AGAIN please? When disciplining her, I realized she had also wet her pants. AGAIN. Too much fun being had or the running tap water?? That was my breaking point. Pack up our things. Get a ride home for Cory. Put a plastic bag on the carseat. Give a bath. Straight to bed. Chalk one more day done on the "Momma log."
During my "computer time" this morning, Amelia retrieved the toothpaste and had it squeezed into a large mound across her rug. Pink. Sparkly. Dora toothpaste. At least it smells yummy.
She also soaked her outfit today during an impromptu hand-washing session in the downstairs bathroom. The night culminated with yet another bathroom accident. Maybe I shouldn't say that the night is finished yet. She is still awake, leaving room for one more...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just had to laugh. Kids make your life unboring. We will look back on days like these with longing for them to return. Especially when they have gone off and married and have children of their own.

Cottage Chick said...

Oh Alicia. Thank you for putting your many adventures on your blog. I love reading it...it truly brightened my day.

=) Thanks for commenting on my whole NERDY blog. It's nice to hear a fellow supporter of glasses! Let's start a group...Nerds R Us...or how about Ain't 2 Proud for 4 Eyes. =)

At any rate...HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and yours...
Love,
Angie