Thursday, October 9, 2008

Waiting for the other shoe to drop...

I had just been talking out my thoughts to a dear friend about this eerie feeling I had been having. Sometimes I am amazed at how the Lord will prepare our hearts for something even weeks in advance. The verse rings true...He will not give me above that which I can bear. I believe he prepares us first, and then walks us through the trials. How important it then is to be in close communion with the Lord before the trials come.
Our newest turn of events came this week Wednesday. Cory was called to a mandatory meeting and told his company is closing down. 60 days. It is relieving to know we are in the hands of the One who owns the cattle on a thousand hills. The One who cares for even the sparrows. The One who watches the lilies grow. God loves us. He only has our best in mind. Unfortunately, His thoughts are not our thoughts and we do not know what the future will bring for us. A new job, for sure. When, we are uncertain. Where is another thought. For now, we rest secure in knowing that His way is perfect. Please pray for us that we will be good stewards of our finances in the meantime. That we will be able to seek the Lord's direction in the following weeks. That we continue to trust in His plan.

3 comments:

tacky said...

I have been wondering how all of you were doing...the change of seasons, school schedules, etc... I guess those are the easy parts of life these days! We will be praying for you all as you seek God's direction! I have never forgotten the quote that someone sent to me during a trial I was going through..."He who holds us in His hands, has no problems only plans!" It has been a constant reminder through the years. What a relief to know that we are children of the King and He takes care of His own in ways we can't even begin to imagine (or even know)! Love to you all, Kari

Redhead Mama said...

I am so sorry for your news. Stephen and I will be praying for you guys, and if there is anything we can do, let me know. I pray that God will show Himself faithful to you as you trust Him with this turn of events.

Love,
Leah

Anonymous said...

We are praying for your family. - Murphy family