Monday, October 20, 2008

Belly-buttons and baby teeth...

Today was an eventful, uneventful day. Amelia was coloring pictures for various family members in the dining room this morning. Her new-found treasure is markers. She is only allowed to use them if an adult is near her. So throughout the morning she would call out, "Momma, you still down here?" Yep, I'm right here. Waiting to see if it is at all possible for this two-year-old to use markers and NOT make mischief. Several minutes passed without incident. She even brought her papers to me for inspection. On the last picture she also revealed the art on her arm. I cleaned her up and put the markers away. Several hours later, I spied some more marker on her tummy. She had colored in and around her belly button with green and red marker. Possibly getting into the Christmas spirit early?


Calla has had her first wiggly tooth for several weeks. She has been wiggling it with her tongue and had it completely tipped forward as of yesterday afternoon. Cory tried to pull it out, but it was still tucked away pretty tight. When I picked her up from school, she covered her mouth and said she had something to tell me. Her new nervous habit is covering her mouth. Being the ever trusting and confident mom, I thought she had gotten a "star" taken away in class. She relayed the story of losing her tooth at lunch. Yeah! Your first "Momma tooth is coming!" (as she has dubbed them.) I have been itching to put a fun Tooth Fairy practice into play in our house. One delicately lifted from the Tackeberry clan traditions! However, my daughter swallowed her tooth! She didn't even realize it was gone until she went to wiggle it with her tongue and felt a gap instead of a tooth. Upon further investigation, she realized she bit into something hard at lunch and spit it out into the garbage. "Don't worry, Momma. The tooth fairy still found Ella when she swallowed her tooth. She even got 5 doughnuts for it." It somehow isn't the same without the tooth...

1 comment:

tacky said...

OH....have her write a note to the tooth fairy (her words and spelling etc to keep for a memory!) and then you (uh, tooth fairy) type a letter and print it in pretty font and color and add glitter and tie up with a ribbon...I did that for Ash when I uh, said tooth fairy) kept forgetting...it was a hit! I thought I had posted about it...oops, I will do it for you! I wonder...if I color my belly button would it make me look skinnier? Just a thought...at this point anything could help...right? Love to you, Kari