Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Tooth Fairy...

Since Calla lost her tooth, I encouraged her to write a letter to the tooth fairy explaining why there was no tooth in the glass. I came home from my shopping trip to this adorable note.
From Calla
To the Tooth Fairy
(You can also see the "usual card" mistake at the top...Happy Bi -no,no-)
The inside reads:
I through(sp)my tooth away Tooth Fairy.
Make this card be the color of your wings.
Cory tried to discourage her that the water would change but not the card, but she still wanted to try. This Tooth Fairy simply left her "print" on the paper the same color as her wings. A purple heart. Yep. The water turned purple. Calla bounded down the stairs this morning to see if the Tooth Fairy had made an appearance.
"Purple water, Mom! and she colored on my paper, too! She even left me four quarters. I can't wait to lose more teeth!"
Job well done, Purple Tooth Fairy!

1 comment:

tacky said...

Tell Calla that Alisa lost her last front tooth today at school too! She wouldn't touch it to put it in the cup of water...it had blood on it. We are looking forward to seeing what color wings our fairy has this time! (I think I started with an abundance of quarters...shouldn't have aimed so high...nickels would have worked...they are silver...) Who has the smartest fairy? We have lost eight teeth in the last few months! That is like three Dunkin Donut coffees...sigh