Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Summer fun...

So summer is officially here! Four days of 80+ degrees. Cory took a half day off of work today and we all headed off to the city pool. It was wonderful, except for the necessary wearing of the bathing suit by this bathing not-so-much-beauty. Calla was ducking her head under the water and holding her breath. Scampering around under the fountains. Waiting for the cones to dump water on her head. Amelia was nervous at first. It didn't take long for her to enjoy herself though. She was scampering toward the water even when we were trying to warm up. That's right! Warm up! It is great to get chilled when the air is 90+. I so enjoy watching my girls with their dad. He is like their best bud. And there are few others they would rather play with. I think the feeling is mutual.

There is plenty of summer left to enjoy. Even in the heat, which I truly despise, I try to enjoy the option of being outside. Being in Wisconsin, there are too few months that allow for outdoor activities. I love this stage of my girls, too. They are fun to watch interact. My summer fun memories are replaying themselves through my children. The sprinkler - in the front yard for all the neighbors to enjoy watching. The sand box that coats everything for 36 hours afterwards, even after a bath. Hot, sticky summer nights with no air conditioning. But hey we've got a fan to blow the hot air around! Taking cool baths almost every evening. Wonderful summer!

No comments: