Saturday, June 23, 2007

Our week in Review...

Calla was invited to stay overnight at her cousin's house on Wednesday night. So, after church I graciously allowed Cory to put Amelia to bed and headed to the coffee house with my two closest girlfriends. Great, refreshing fellowship ensued. I love those girls. They make my life richer.

Since I was a mom of one Thursday, I decided to it would be a great day to pick strawberries. I dropped Amelia off at a friend's by 9:30, and was off to the strawberry patch. All year round, I long for fresh sweet corn and fresh-picked strawberries. I picked two ice cream pails full and headed toward the registers. As the tractor was leading me back to the van, I knew I would want more than I had picked. I do admit that the one deterring factor was the lack of conversation out in the fields. I attempted, twice, to converse with the nice grandpa man next to me, but he would have none of that. Busy picking strawberries, you know. Cory says maybe he thought I was hitting on him.

The rest of the day went as usual. the only thing it lacked was a non-stop chatter from my favorite four-year-old.

Friday night, we had a picnic with the girls from our Sunday School class. We had given them the incentive a few months ago. Bring your Bible. Say the three given verses. Have a family picnic. Two families, plus mine and the other teacher's. We were at a park near Lake Michigan. It was a lot of fun. I especially enjoy watching dads play with their kids. The cookie ice cream sandwiches my sister-in-law brought for dessert weren't bad either.

Now, Saturday, is full. Cory spent the morning out fishing with his dad and brother. Lunch. This afternoon is a graduation party. Then Cory and Calla are heading off to the races. Amelia and I will stay home and relax. I have two sewing projects to be working on, so that will probably end up being my goal.

No comments: