Wednesday, January 26, 2011

well, that's motivation...

Today started fabulously. I woke up headache-free. Wow. I'd forgotten how amazing that can feel.

I drove Calla to school today for the first time in a week. It was awesome to get back to the daily grind that is our life.

I talked to my dear friend for 30 minutes. She lives 3 blocks away and we haven't talked for well over a week because of the sickness that has overtaken our lives. I remembered there is life outside these four walls. And I thoroughly enjoy that life.

I motivated myself to shower and get the kids together for a mall playland excursion. It was only a half an hour or so, but we got out of the house. Fun was had. Nora had a blast on the super duper slide. And then...

I would like to thank the lady at the mall playland for totally ruining my good day momentum.

Said lady, "So how old is your little girl?"
"She's 15 months tomorrow."
Her reply, "Wow, she's really big."
"I know, she's a beast."
And then, it happened. Some people can't leave well enough alone. Some people have to keep up a conversation and take it one step too far. In this case, one giant, heart-wrenching leap too far.
She questions, "So when is your next one due?" as she looks at my belly...
"Um, I'm not pregnant."
I falsely smirk. I gather up the girls and I head home.

So, I take what little pride I have left, and I do my workout. EASports, please work out this flab. May this be the last time I am mistaken for a pregnant woman unless I am truly blessed enough to carry another baby...

So, thank you, horribly mistaken lady at the mall playland. I will take this unfortunate encounter and use it as well-needed motivation. Next time, if there is a next time, I may be forced to simply scratch your eyes out...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! Well, I'm having the reverse problem. I am now about 6 months along and people are JUST noticing I'm pregnant! How bad is that??? It's like, what did you think I'm just getting fatter or what??? Oh well. It's motivation, you have that right.