Monday, January 24, 2011

Dr. Mom...

Maybe I should turn off my pager. Dr. Mom was paged once again early last evening. Amelia has spiked a fever. She is miserable. Complaining of dizziness and headaches. The most bizarre symptom is her lack of strength. She won't use her legs. She army crawls if she insists on getting anywhere. (which has only been twice today) I found her at the side of my bed last night in a heap. She was complaining of a stomach ache. When I motioned her toward the bathroom, she whined that she couldn't stand up. She made a pathetic attempt to drag her legs toward the bathroom. I scooped her up and helped her. Otherwise she just lays around and sleeps. She'll make it through today on lots of rest and fluids. Hopefully, she is our last patient for a while. This doctor needs a leave of absence. I don't even care if I have to change professions. Let's see, maybe a head chef or master baker is next on my list...

1 comment:

tacky said...

I'm sorry you have had a headache and now Amelia is sick too!? I fear the illness has come here too...Ashlynn is laying around and sleeping on and off today. She perked up for awhile with the aide of ibuprofen. She did get her lessons done...but I doubt tomorrow's will be conquered. Hope you get some sleep tonight!!! Hugs.