Saturday, January 22, 2011

welcome to the infirmary...

Paging Dr. Mom. Paging Dr. Mom. Please respond to the patient being picked up from school on Wednesady.
The diagnosis.
Sore throat. Fever. Cough.
The prescription.
Plenty of rest. Tylenol. Lots of water.

Paging Dr. Mom. Paging Dr. Mom. Please respond to the patient in her highchair giving fits about eating her lunch.
The diagnosis.
103.9 temp...Yikes!
The prescription.
Tylenol. A lukewarm bath. Loose cotton jammies. A nap.

Paging Dr. Mom. Paging Dr. Mom.
Has anyone seen the doctor? I think she is buried beneath the mountain of used kleenex. Yep, I hear her sneezing...

1 comment:

tacky said...

Sorry to hear you are all enjoying the effects of the season! I do have to say that you made me laugh. As I read your post, I am reminded of the 3 Stooges episode that has a similar line, "Dr. Fine, Paging Dr. Fine..." and they always come running and break the glass in the office door. You can tell we watch too much tv in the winter, can't you?!
I hope you are able to get some good rest!!!