Friday, December 17, 2010

friday, huh?

So this week has come to an end.

Calla is out of school for two full weeks. Woop! We love having our Calla-girl home.

The preparations for our children's program are finalized. Well, the church responsibilities are done. Our practice and Sunday School party are finished. This lazy mom still has some sewing and twirling and tulle-ing to do so that my little ladies are dressed to the nines by program time.

Our adult cantata was cancelled last week due to crazy snowstorms. We will attempt to put it on this Sunday instead. After I teach Sunday School. Without a dozen college extension students who have now made their way home for Christmas break. Without a practice in over a week. But God is sovereign and will be glorified if we are performing for the right reasons.

I have finally taken care of a long-standing issue with my knee. After 5 doctor appointments in a week and a half, I am scheduled for surgery on Wednesday of next week to have a ganglion cyst removed. I will gingerly walk to each Christmas activity and spend a bit more time on the couch next weekend.

So, this weekend will bring just as much activity and responsibility as the past few weeks have held. But I will take time in the busy-ness to "Be still, and know I am God." After all, that is what we're busy for...

No comments: