Saturday, November 5, 2011

though i've said it before...



This is day 5 and I feel oh-so-grateful. So, blog-reader beware. I may get mushy gushy...

I am thankful for family. I love Saturdays with my family. Now that soccer is over, Saturdays are wide open.

Today found us on a bike ride to Grandma's. Me and the hubby and our gaggle of girls biking through the trails on this gorgeous, crisp fall afternoon.

We then spent the next part of the day helping Mom clear up her lawn for the upcoming winter. With Dad gone, the lawn maintenance is quite a chore. We have realized all over again what a hard worker he truly was. So we cleared vines off the trellises and chipped up sticks and leaves. Mass amounts of leaves were raked up and Nora jumped into her first leaf pile. Cousins and an uncle joined us. The kids have pretend forts in Grandma's pine trees. They disappear for long periods of time and have a blast.

Then as we are about to leave in different directions, it happens. That sly grin on her face. "Mom, can so-and-so come over...?" (She doesn't actually say so-and-so, but the name is different each time.) The time spent together with cousins is never long enough. One ends up at our house or we swap kids for an afternoon or a sleepover or they head to another house together. But I love it. I love this family and those cousins!

I am so thankful for family. I am thankful God moved us here so that our kids (and me, too) can grow up near their cousins and uncles and grandparents and aunts. It's a blessing I've addressed before, but, like I warned, I'm feeling a little sentimental about it today...

1 comment:

Redhead Mama said...

I love the picture of the family. You do have a wonderful family there, and it's okay to mention it all the time! : )