Sunday, November 6, 2011

a checklist kind of sunday...

On this day six, I am thankful for my church.

I love my Sunday School kids. I am blessed through each child and am thankful for those precious 45 minutes God allows me to minister to them each week. It really is a lot of time when you add it up. 45 minutes. 52 weeks. Three years. I am thankful for my class.

I am thankful that my girls can be lead by spiritual leaders in different ministries on Sundays and Wednesdays. God has placed some incredible workers in the lives of my children.

I am thankful for my pastor. He's exactly what our church needed nearly three years ago. He has provided growth and passion to our church family. His messages are always challenging and I can see the Lord working through him.

I am thankful for my pastor's wife. Her heart of compassion is a reminder of what I lack in my own life. She never turns away a listening ear. She is genuinely concerned with every person that walks through our church doors, even after they've gone home. I love her and the friendship we have only begun to cultivate.

I am thankful for my church family. Unity. That's what a theme was in a message today. I feel our little church embodies that word. Different opinions. Different walks of life. Different circumstances. Yet we all come together in unity. My church family is a constant source of encouragement and love.

Blessed. I am truly blessed . And I am thankful...

No comments: