Wednesday, February 2, 2011

always fulfilled...

Ever notice that the times when you think, just for a moment, I would really rather not go to church, are the times when you need to go to church the most. That was me tonight. After a very, oh, let's called it a burden-filled day, I wanted to send my brood off to church so I could revel in the quiet-ness of my house for an hour. But as soon as I think about staying home, thankfully, the Holy Spirit prods me to do the opposite. That still small voice tells me to go and be blessed. And I did.

Psalm 55:22
"Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee: He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved."

All those little things that I had allowed to rattle me today...
Constant sibling bickering.
Nora's newest version of a tantrum - throwing herself to the ground and letting out one loud wail.
Amelia's insistence on screaming her woes at the top of her lungs. "NORA, NOOOOOO. LET GO OF IT. NORA. NORA. NOOO"
Nora's fascination with all things tiny or messy or dangerous.

They are all my mini-burdens. Burdens I was trying to carry myself. And failing miserably at it, might I add. By the time my hubby came home from work, I was ready to run away screaming, or take Nora's lead and throw myself to the ground...
But God was just waiting. Waiting for me to ask for help. Waiting for me to see that there was more to my day than just those burdens. Waiting to show me His love and His blessings instead of my mini-burdens.
So, tonight I am thankful for my pastor. I am thankful for a heart that is still prompted by the Holy Spirit. I am thankful for a new day to cast at His feet...

No comments: