Friday, June 10, 2011

part duex...

...for those not bored, or on their second visit to the blog...

The girls swam in the amazing pool until their toes were pruned. If we'd have let them, they'd have stayed at the pool all weekend and completely forgone Disney all together.

Bright and early Saturday morning, we took the bus to Magic Kingdom to meet Ms. Mary. She was the amazing lady that gave us blessings and Disney insights galore. After a trip on the ferry and our first view of Cinderella's castle, we had a change of plans. Back onto the ferry, girls, we're off to Hollywood Studios.

Beauty and the Beast - awesome. This is what it's all about. I smiled like a child through the whole thing. I took tons of flip video, even though I knew we already have it on video. It was just too cool.

The Little Mermaid in 4D. Awesome times 2. Ariel is my favorite. I have every line memorized. I had to hold back from singing during the production. "Look at this stuff. Isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think my collection's complete..." Bubbles from the ceiling. Dancing day-glow swimming fish puppeteers under the blacklights. Really a highlight, at least for me!

Honey, I shrunk the Kids playground - nail biter for this mom. Aunt Carole solidified that my fears were justified. Large plastic maze structures that have small kid-sized openings and exits. No way of knowing if that is your child or someone else's that is screaming in complete terror in the dead center of said maze. A large exhale of relief when your child's head emerges from the hole. Hot, red, and sweaty, but with a huge smile.

We spent more time at the hotel pool as a break from the heat. Dinner and then back to the park for the laser light show. It was INCREDIBLE. So worth the walk and the wait. A perfect way to end our first night in Disneyworld.

Sunday morning. Mother's Day. The moms were treated to an IHOP breakfast. Then off to the park. Magic Kingdom gave us each a red carnation. I overheard one mom's reply to Happy Mother's Day, "I wouldn't want to be any where else today." Agreed.


No comments: