Friday, June 10, 2011

ahh, disney...

...only a month removed...
Our trip was sensational. Memories galore. So many, in fact, that it is a shame I have taken this long to jot them down. Memories seem to fade rather quickly. Even the ones you are certain will remain ingrained for-ev-er.

So here is our trip in a concise, enthusiastic paragraph worthy of a loyal blog reader's five minute visit...

Instead of sleeping the night before the big trip, I decided to lie awake and think of all the things I could possibly forget. I was able to sleep a few hours before we were up and off to our 6:30a.m. flight. We arrived at an impressive 6:00a.m. We were the naughty trio scampering through the end of security because our flight was paging us over the intercom...We all giggle our way to our seats. At the back of the plane. Past some not-so-very-enthused passengers who were waiting for this party of three.

As we sat down, Calla-girl's nerves set in. She was cold and shaking. Her eyes showed her terror of the unknown. She was a wreck. She hated, and I quote, "the pressure I feel on my stomach." This anxiety would follow us to all four flights. That was one of the only downsides, I mean, really. We're going to Disneyworld.

One last flight story. Amelia decided to spill her juice, completely full, down the back of the tray table. I give kuddos to her for completely avoiding any mess on herself. I do not give kuddos to to the flight attendant who gave us ONE napkin to try to start cleaning things up. I am pretty sure the flight attendant is related to my local Subway cashier. She only gives me two napkins, even when I have all three kids with me.

Uncle Jim is waiting with open arms as we depart the terminal. His hugs are a little piece of my dad here on earth. LOVE them!

We find our way to our rental car - that was parked and beeping at us on a different level than the one we were wheeling our suitcases around on.

Great Grandpa and Great Grandma Barb met us in Downtown Disney for some supper and ice cream. Ahh, the magic is already flowing.




No comments: