Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Random Tuesday...

So in an attempt to appease my few followers, I have decided to put random musings from my week into one blog. Random Tuesdays. Calla is off of school on Tuesdays and I tend to have a little extra time to myself while the girls play. Here we go.

The girls have reached an age where they enjoy playing together. It makes for wonderful mornings, or afternoons, or whenever I need a little time to finish something.
January is movie overload in our house. The kids and I are indoors so often that I tend to let up on the "one video a day" rule. Amelia only sits through short videos anyway. She sure does LOVE her "Little People with helping hands..." The Aaron Neville theme song sung throughout the videos is enough to send me to a loony bin. Like incessant nails on a chalkboard kind of grating, ya know...
Calla is back to school. Her last day before Christmas Break was canceled due to snow, so they were able to have their Christmas Gift exchange this past Friday. Her teacher has a great method for the gift exchange. The kids earn a gift for a classmate by completing a "chore" drawn from a hat. They get to pick the gift from a treasure chest and wrap it in a brown paper bag. They are to decorate the bag to their liking and bring it back for the exchange. Some teachers are so ingenious. They then had a pizza party. Then sledding. She had a great day. Her bounty was a set of glitter pens. They have yet to be opened.
I am on week two of Weight Watchers. It is long overdue. I am determined to lose a pound a week by Christmas. I find it to be like a fun game of cards. I have two points...what can you give me for two points...Anyone. Anyone?
My dear hubby is on week two of his new job. We are praising the Lord for His provision. And I do believe Cory is enjoying himself. Things are much more professional and it will take some getting used to. I think the hardest adjustment is the lack of open internet access. He barely checks his email. For those of you who know Cory, this is a withdrawal process to be sure.

There it is. My past week in a blog. I feel there is much to be said and have intentions of writing, but alas, the time eludes me. No worries, though. Spectacular events will still receive there due blog entries.

1 comment:

tacky said...

I am glad for your updates! I commented back to your comment on my blog...should have emailed you instead...duh! Kari