Friday, January 16, 2009

Christmas with the gals...


My two dearest friends and I went out for our annual Christmas gift exchange that usually falls somewhere mid-January. We took along little Jack-a-mack for all of the excitement. We always have a wonderful time as we share un-Mommy moments together. It is not uncommon to see us sitting so long that restaurants are closing around us before we move out to the van. Then our conversations continue in driveways as we drop eachother off. One such event almost esfixiated us when we forgot to turn off the motor. I love these gals. They are the sweetest friends a girl could ask for. Excellent examples of "iron sharpeneth iron." I love our times away together.

My gifts were tremendous and thoughtful. Stacey bought me a beautiful table runner and handmade an adorable snowman ornament clothed in some precious keepsakes. A finger off of her favorite pair of worn gloves dons this snowman's head and a special keepsake scrap of fabric that reminds her of her grandmaother was made into his little scarf. Christin bought me this schmancy stamper that interchanges borders and phrases in a circle pattern. It is such a cool little tool and I can't wait to put it to use. She also picked out a darling silver reindeer ornament. We unknowingly all gave ornaments as part of our gifts this year. Are we in sync or what! I will try to remember to take pics of the other gifts soon.

No comments: