Thursday, May 29, 2008

Graduation 2008...

My second class of sixth graders graduated from high school on Sunday. I loved every minute of graduation. I am so proud to be a part of these kids lives. I love all of them. My Elizabeth was valedictorian. What a wonderful young lady she has become! She has an amazing heart for the Lord and is continually proving that she will succeed through His grace! I love you, Biz!
I was able to joke around again with "the boys." They have always made me laugh all the way from my toes, as the picture attests. Each of them has shown such amazing growth in their spiritual lives. I am excited to see where these "kids" will be in a few years. And I will be honored to be at some of those events as well.
It has been quoted, "To teach is to touch a life forever." I believe that my life is the one touched through these wonderful people. I am thankful for the time I was able to have them in my classroom, but I am more thankful for the friendships I have been able to sustain with each of them.

No comments: