Saturday, May 10, 2008

Bless this "Thyme"...

That was the theme of our Mother/Daughter Brunch today.
I was in full swing this week preparing for the decorating of the banquet, as well as housing our "guest speaker" for the weekend. I have come to realize this week that I am not good at being busy. Even a little busy in comparison to most people. I get nervous. I get flustered. I'll leave busyness with those who can multi-task.
I was asked to substitute on Friday. Ok. Be flexible. I was able to set all of the tables during last hour. The auditorium set-up went super smooth on Thursday evening. I came home from school and realized there was no chicken cooked for my chicken pot pie I was making for our company. The company that was due to arrive within the next two hours. Again. Relax. Be flexible. Luckily frozen chicken boils well...
Once my friend arrived for the weekend, I felt myself relaxing. I think the preparation of a hectic weekend is more nerve-racking than the actual event. Kari and I had a great time of fellowship. Friends are like that. You pick up where you left off. We laughed. We shared heartbreaks and burdens. We told, "You wouldn't believe it if I told you..." stories. Our children played wonderfully together all weekend. We stayed up well past our bedtime.
The brunch went wonderfully. The decorations were beautiful. We have very talented ladies in our church. Everyone came together to really pull off a stunning display in both the auditorium and the table area. The food was delish! The devotional was very encouraging.
Bless this time...
- My home is my greatest ministry at this moment. Do I treat it as such?
- Weeds grow quickly and can destroy plants. Do I tend to the "weeds" in my home daily?
- God has designed our lives to have a "bouquet" of support. Parents. Friends. Relatives. Church family. Children. I am thankful for those in my life that add to the beauty of living. I would not be where I am today if not for the wonderful people God has used throughout my life to help me grow.
Thank you to Kari for your time of preparation for this weekend. You were a blessing to me in countless ways. I truly treasure your friendship.

No comments: