Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Teaching...

I was an afternoon substitute at the school for a week in late February. I had a lot of fun. I felt like I was able to contribute to a ministry that has already been a blessing to me. Cory attended the school from kindergarten through the 8th grade. I did an internship in college in the K-3rd classroom. And now we plan to send Calla there this coming fall.
My duties were limited to being the facilitator for the LINC classes and videos and teaching 4th grade Math. I helped out with grading papers some as well. I have never experienced LINC before and was thoroughly impressed with it. BJ supplies an internet based classroom with phones to make the class interactive. Technology is so amazing! Nothing like the VHS classes I took back in the day. All in all, I have a new appreciation for the teachers at our school. I was so happy to help in my own little way.

No comments: