Saturday, October 1, 2011

His grace is sufficient...

I have always been one that mixes Scripture with songs when I am seeking comfort. A verse will almost always lead me to a song. One that has brought me comfort in the past. Lately, my song is from the distant past. Psalty the Songbook days. I only had one video, but I loved it! I was so proud of it that I asked my 3rd grade teacher in the public school if we could show it during rest time. She allowed it and I beamed with pride through every scene. Funny, though, no one else seemed to enjoy it. But the song...

I will cast all my cares upon You.
I lay all of my burdens,
Down at your feet.
And any time
I don't know
Just what to do.
I will cast all my cares upon You.

Here, 25 years later, God has reminded me to leave my burdens at His feet. It is so simple and yet it is a lesson that continues to press on my heart. I am re-learning it today and can go to bed with my burdens at His feet...

No comments: