Tuesday, March 15, 2011

spring cleaning...

I have spent the last two weeks feeling cooped up in a cluttered house. This time of the year can feel very defeating. So I have taken some initiative and begun to reorganize. Deep clean.

My list began with a spurt of ambition in the hall closet. It is so fabulous to purge half of the junk in there and be able to - wait for it - step into the closet.

Then I tackled the bathroom, including reorganizing under the sink and dusting above the medicine chest.

Today was the girls' bedrooms. I even went so far as to dig into the recesses of the toy chest and make sure all toys had their pieces.

My next notion is to paint. (fully inspired by Honour and her fabulously renovated rooms!)

All this is done while we wait for the snow to melt and for the temperatures to rise to a high enough degree to take a walk longer than a block before our fingers freeze...

1 comment:

Honour said...

And now it's my turn to be motivated by your closet cleaning! I have one specifically that is on my "before baby list" but I keep finding other things to do first... maybe tomorrow. ;)