Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Happy birthday, little brother...

I am wishing my brother, Bo, a great 25th! May this year be filled with joy!
Love you!My brother is a great guy! I remember, when we were young, I would think about what Bo would look like when he was older. He was such a scrawny, toe-headed kid that my thoughts were way off! He is such a big guy, but his heart can be even bigger. He has a humor bigger than himself. He can make anyone laugh with his English humored one-liners!. He has so much of my dad in him, too. Mannerisms. Humor. And heart. My brother showed me part of his heart when our Amelia came into this world. He had made the trek to Michigan so that he could drive with my mom when Amelia was born. It was wonderful enough to have him be there at that special time. But he went a step further. Bo never even saw my house. We live 15 miles from the hospital. The first night, Mom and Bo stayed at a hotel. From that point on, Bo was with me. He read every last boring parent magazine in the room and lobby. He would share "interesting" facts that he had read. When I had to stay an extra night in the hospital because of Amelia's jaundice, Bo stayed with me. He stretched his massive 6'5" frame onto that uncomfortable hospital "chairbed." We chatted into the night. He made me wake him up whenever I went in to see Amelia or she had another blood test. He was so faithful.
I love you, Bo. Thank you for being my brother.

No comments: