Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The day after the storm...

Sometimes I feel like my life is a tornado. My emotions. My reactions. My self-confidence in a heap on the floor. Then the day ends and a new one takes it's place. I realize, unfortunately24 hours too late, that I am blessed. I get to experience children. Life. God has allowed me to be a mom. Tornadoes and all.
Thank you, Lord, for the greatest calling in the world. Thank you for my girls. Thank you for a hubby who provides for me to be a stay-at-home mom. Thank you for reminding me that I am feeble, but you are forever strong. My Rock in time of trouble. And thank you for the grace to get to the next day.
I am reminded of a song I learned at an old-fashioned camp meeting I attended in Georgia as a young teenager:

I just want to thank you Lord for every time you heard my prayer.
I just want to thank you Lord for every time you've been there.
When I was so down and out, You came along and made me want to shout.
I just want to thank you Lord. Thank you Lord.

No comments: